Our M&A practice includes some of the most experienced bank and thrift and financial services specialists in the industry. Our firm has been active across the full range of M&A advisory roles in the bank and thrift and financial services sector for nearly 30 years.
Hovde Group has a long and successful track record in sell-side and buy-side advisory roles for clients. As a trusted adviser and expert in the bank and thrift and financial services sectors, we represent clients of all sizes on M&A assignments including:
We have assisted on all aspects of sell-side advisory services to our clients over the years, helping them to better understand the dynamics of complex transactions, and helping them to structure and achieve maximum success and value.
A typical sell side advisory assignment could include the following:
- Review full range of strategic options consistent with clients objectives and needs, including merger and acquisition opportunities, corporate sale, or divestitures
- Analyze value and pricing of transactions, forms of consideration used, and transaction structure
- Prepare a selling or executive memorandum which highlights the strategic opportunities our client presents to an acquirer
- Present recommendations to management teams and boards of directors
- Conduct due diligence reviews which assess operating and financial issues and opportunities
- Identify and contact a targeted group of buyers with the strategic motivation and resources to promptly complete the transaction
- Analyze restructuring and sale alternatives based upon our knowledge of equity and debt market conditions and the bank and financial servcies merger and acquisition marketplace
- Structure and negotiate the restructuring, refinancing, capital infusion or asset sale through bankruptcy reorganization or on a negotiated basis
- Provide fairness opinions, valuations, and structure analysis; negotiate definitive agreements
- Assist in post-transaction integration and follow-on analysis, as needed.
Our team has a successful record buy-side advisory assignments for public or private target companies in the bank and financial services industry. With over 30 years of experience advising banks and thrifts and other financial services companies on buy-side and sell-side engagements, we have developed a global network of relationships that we are able to tap into when it comes to seeking target opportunities for your organization. Whether you are seeking to acquire strategic locations, core deposits, or enter new markets, the deep experience and relationships of our partners and professionals can guide you through that process.
A typical buy-side advisory assignment could include the following:
- Develop strategic acquisition criteria
- Conduct a thorough due diligence review of the business, its products, markets, and growth opportunities
- Identify and approach potential acquisition candidates
- Conduct thorough due diligence on prospects
- Prepare detailed valuation analyses and presentations
- Arrange acquisition financing
- Structure, negotiate and close the acquisition
For nearly 30 years, we have been a leading advisor to acquirers of failed depository institutions. Our success dates back to the early 1990's where we successfully assisted acquirers in pursuing FDIC/FSLIC/RTC assisted transactions. We have continued that success, working through the recent banking crisis by assisting numerous clients on successful acquisitions of failed institutions from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
Since assisted transactions have unique financial, accounting, legal, regulatory, tax and operational issues, it is important for acquirers to work with an advisor that has extensive experience working on FDIC transactions. If you are looking for an advisor that has a proven record of success in this regard, our professionals are available to assist. Our direct experience as advisors and acquirers of institutions from the FDIC provides us with a deep experience and understanding of the value drivers, regulatory hurdles, and operational considerations in FDIC transactions. We can guide your organization through the FDIC bidding process to find, structure, and capitalize on the right opportunities for your organization.
Learn more about our recent FDIC transactions.
Special Committee advisory
When you need a sophisticated, experienced and independent advisor to assist in your consideration of key issues, conflicts and other sensitive matters for your institution, our team of experienced investment bankers are there to serve. We provide a range of special advisory services, including analysis and advice on specific M&A transactions, issues of fairness or conflicts, and other key business matters. We believe that that our independence, experience, expertise and discretion positions us well for special advisory assignments.
Overview of Clients/Transactions in Markets Across the U.S.